Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Local Wood Burning Artist - Patricia Leonard

The library recently hosted a beautiful display of wood-burn engravings by Patrica Leonard.  The detail in faces, scenery, and designs is amazing.  Surely must take a steady hand and lots of creativity!  Tricia's art is available for sale at Frenchie's Gallery in West Jefferson.  You will want to stop in and see this exhibit up close at next Friday's downtown gallery crawl (from 5 - 8p.m.)
  

Meanwhile check-out this new website: WoodBurnings by Tricia.  Tricia recently stopped in the library to get help with creating her website.


"I went in to the library on Saturday and Austin helped me sync my Mac, IPad and IPhone, and he helped me with the website.  I love my library!"

For those who need technology help, Ashe  County Librarians are here to lend a hand.  You can book an appointment with a reference librarian by calling 335.846.2041 x 227 or come in and visit.  Check with the reference department if interested in website building.  Classes are available periodically and it easier than you think! 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment