Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Meachele "Mothership" Montgomery

Stop in the library and meet Meachele Montgomery a.k.a. as Mothership  at 11:00 a.m. this Saturday, April 18.  Mothership is the "trail name," given to her by hikers along the Appalachian Trail.  Meachele will be selling and signing copies of her book Healing, My Journey Home and would love to share her stories and adventures with you. 
Meachele's inspiring story of endurance on the AT had me wanting to backpack the distance myself. A through-hike would not be possible for me with my work responsibilities, but maybe a section each year would something I could manage... with training. I grieved along with her when she lost her husband to cancer, but her "healing" journey was needed to find the strength to carry on. The people she met, fellow hikers and trail angels, along the way helped her emotionally and became lasting friends that keep in touch. Meachele's actual journal entries were part of her memoir and described breathtaking scenery...in fact pictures (black and white) are included as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment